Sunday, August 14, 2011

Remember that old french door???

I had posted in an earlier post about painting the french door that we had put in the "soon to be" walk in pantry. Well I couldn't decide on a color but got so much inspiration from so many sites.. I finally bit the bullet and picked a color.. Here is the before picture of the 100 year old door from an old home in Chandler. We purchased the door at Merchant Square in Chandler, AZ. Love that place!

BEFORE
Behind the couch you see the bare door, sorry, didn't get the whole door.
AFTER (horrible lighting, it was night time when I finished)
Hours of sanding, a 1/2 hour of taping all the little glass windows, 6 hours for painting and periods of drying. And all for an amazing door I am in love with. Door - $38, sanding- free (thanks honey), paint - $9. Project amount = $47.
 I love the black doors! I was going to paint it turquoise blue but decided to keep it neutral since I want to RE-paint the living room and I AM NOT painting this guy again!!  I am in LOVE with the black!!! Now I just need to get some contact paper or privacy paper and block out the windows.. Maybe.. I want to redo the inside of the "now closet" and get it ready for a pantry! But well see... Time will tell. I will keep you all up to date on this little project. Get Crazy and paint your door, the kitchen, garage, front door, or even your pantry door! Good luck with the painting!


No comments:

Post a Comment