Wednesday, January 11, 2012

End Table.. finished.. well Refinished!

Remember that end table I mentioned last week.

The one that I had a bet with my hubby to get done in a week!?! Well read about it here...

Here is the finished product!
 I love it!
I had originally planned to sell it, but now I am keeping it for myself.. Fits perfectly in my living room for the time being..


I had to sand the top all the way to the wood and restain it since it had some serious wear and markings on the wood before..

Started with some primer on the bottom half.
After it dried I painted 2 coats of Antique White (my fave) with some light distressing after that had completely dried.

The hardware didnt need to be changed, I thought it actually fit the piece pretty well.

2 coats of dark walnut stain, a coat or two of poly and it was ready to be used!

I am very happy with how it turned out. and the drawers.. so awesome! Its just one big drawer and perfect to hide those magazines, remotes and whatever else you try and hide when guest show up out of the blue.. well I never do that...umm.. yea (ALL THE TIME)

Hope you like it as much as I do!
Here are the before and the after pictures!!


Before. Potential, right!?

Love this stain!!
Knobs seemed to fit right in.
And AFTER!




No comments:

Post a Comment